Wendy L. Fisher is an attorney with Taylor and Associates and handles a broad range of transportation and business litigation matters. Before joining the firm, Wendy worked in local government law, serving as both in-house and outside counsel to the City of Palm Bay, where she represented the municipality on issues ranging from litigation to risk management, to financial contract review, to general liability. During her time with the City of Palm Bay, Wendy was able to help implement a new system to streamline general liability claims and risk management as the city transitioned to a stand-alone, self-insured entity.
Wendy is an active member of the community and has served as President of the Brevard County Association for Women Lawyers (one of the youngest in its history), has been appointed to The Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee and Leadership Academy Committee, is a past Fellow of the Florida Bar Leadership Academy, and has served as a Code Enforcement Board member of the City of Palm Bay.
Wendy graduated in 2011 from the University of Central Florida with honors with her B.A. in Political Science and received her Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in 2014. Wendy was the recipient of the Brevard County Association for Women Lawyers Outstanding Leadership Award in 2017 and spear-headed Brevard County Association for Women Lawyer’s initiative to incorporate a nursing room for nursing mothers at the 18th Judicial Circuit Courthouse in Melbourne, Florida. Wendy also was the recipient of the Anthony S. Battaglia Excellence in Leadership Award in 2014.
When not working, Wendy enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and daughter.
- U.S. District Court, Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Chief Ambassador, Leadership Development Committee Secretary
- University of Central Florida, Honors College (B.A. 2011)
- Burnett Honors College Graduate, LEAD Scholars Graduate
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Brevard County Association for Women Lawyers
- The Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee
- The Florida Bar Leadership Academy Committee
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Pocket Full of Sunshine (and Public Records Law) – An Update on Government in the Sunshine and the Public Records Act from January 1, 2015 – March 28, 2016
- City, County
andLocal Government Law Section-The Agenda, Vol. XXXVI, No.2 Spring 2016
- Risk[y] Business: Transitioning to a Stand-Alone Self-Insurance Program
46 Stetson L. Rev. 3 Spring 2017
- Ethics Training-Florida Public Meetings Law, Florida Public Records Law
andFlorida Ethics Law
Florida League of Cities Training for Government Officials-Lake County August 12, 2016
- How To Realize A Year Of Magic For Your Small Bar Utilizing A Shoe-String Budget & Limited Human Resources
Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference July 14, 2017
- How to Be a Bar Leader 101—A Gnarly Introductory Session for New Board Members
Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference July 14, 2018
Taylor & Associates
Connect with Taylor & Associates
Taylor & Associates, Attorneys at Law, P.L.
20 3rd Street SW, Ste 209
Winter Haven, FL 33880
Miami Office by Appointment:
100 SE 2nd Street, Suite 2000
Miami, FL 33131