Robert Pickett handles a broad array of litigation matters in state and federal courts, with a practice focused on insurance defense and early resolution of serious trucking accidents.
First Assistant State Attorney, 12th Judicial Circuit, Florida, responsible for the investigation and prosecution of capital and serious felonies, followed by more than 20 years as trial counsel with large (Holland & Knight), medium (Hartman & Crain) and small (Waddell, Ready & Pickett) law firms.
Prosecuted serious personal injury actions and defended liability claims against trucking companies and product manufacturers.
Developed successful trial defense for
Trucking company investigative team leader for rapid response to fatal and catastrophic accidents.
National supervision of local defense counsel for serious bodily injury claims against trucking fleet owners.
Served as advocate
- District of Columbia
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Maryland State Courts
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- District of Columbia District Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 1975) Raphael Steinhardt Scholarship Award
- University of Florida (B.A. magna cum laude, 1972) Phi Beta Kappa
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
Florida, Maryland, and District of Columbia Bar Associations.
Taylor & Associates
Connect with Taylor & Associates
Taylor & Associates, Attorneys at Law, P.L.
20 3rd Street SW, Ste 209
Winter Haven, FL 33880
Miami Office by Appointment:
100 SE 2nd Street, Suite 2000
Miami, FL 33131